I challenge you to find any other source for info about these villages – in the English language, that is.
The Twelve Villages of Riam Kanan, South Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Tiwingan Lama: Harbour.
- Tiwingan Lama: Liang Toman!
- Tiwingan Baru: 3 Days in Sungai Luar.
- Tiwingan Baru: 3 Days in Bukit Batas.
- Apuai: The Vortex of Riam Kanan.
- Bunglai: Riam Kanan for Beginners.
- Rantau Balai: Beautiful. Remotest. Tough.
- Rantau Bujur: Remote & Hospitable.
- Arta’in: Green! But Far from Tourist Attraction.
- Benua Riam: The Biggest Small Town.
- Kala’an Baru: Safe Between Two Rivers.
- Belangian: The Meeting Place of Gentle People.
- Pa’au: a Village with a Ceremony.
As a Canadian fluent in Bahasa Indonesia (the language of Indonesia) having spent three months down a little-known catchment known as Riam Kanan I was amazed to find that almost nothing has been written about this place in English, and so the job is mine!
In one swoop 9,588+ citizens of the river will have an online identity and with any luck more people will be interested in supporting an economy – not from exploitation of nature but appreciation of it.
Maafkan saya jika ada yang salah.